How to Choose the Perfect Outfit to Build Confidence

What I love about fashion is that you can make it whatever you want it to be. Style is a form of self-expression which gives people an insight into your personality. Dressing with confidence is more than wearing a stylish outfit, it’s about feeling amazing in what you are wearing. You do not have to be a fashion expert to dress well and feel good about yourself. There are no rules in fashion, just wear what you love and own it. The right outfit should be powerful enough to make you feel strong, beautiful, and fearless. The following are thoughts that come to mind when I choose my perfect outfit.

Figure out Your Personal Style

There are many factors that can determine your signature looks such as your personality, lifestyle, and interests. My style is constantly evolving as I grow and draw inspiration from other influencers, but there are trends that I would not incorporate into my closet which helps narrow down my fashion sense.

Find Your Colors

Dressing with confidence is knowing what looks good on you and what doesn’t. Wearing colors that look best with your complexion can amplify any outfit. You can start by figuring out if your skin tone is cool, warm, or neutral. Cool skin tones look ideal in red, pink, lavender or blue. Warm skin tones look ideal in peach, olive, cream, or gold. If you’re lucky enough to have neutral tones, then you can pull off just about any color. However, the best choices are blush-toned pinks, gray, and off-whites.

Wear Something Comfortable

This is my number one rule when figuring out what to wear. I am not a “beauty is pain” type of girl. It ruins my mood when I put something on that is uncomfortable. If a pair of sneakers makes you feel better than heels, then wear those sneakers. Regardless of what everyone else thinks, if you don’t feel comfortable in something then you are not going to feel good.

Embrace Your Favorite Features

Get to know your body and choose clothing items that enhance your best features. If you love something about yourself, why not show it off? The more attention you bring to your favorite features the less you will think about what makes you feel self-conscious. Typically, I like to wear short dresses or skirts to show off my legs.

Don’t Take It Too Seriously

Fashion is supposed to be fun. Wear what you love rather than what other people like on you. Put on whatever makes you feel amazing and radiates your confidence. No one else's opinion of you should matter more than your own. Click To Tweet

I hope this post helps you dress with confidence! I would like to get to know a little bit about you, so don’t be shy and comment below what you love about yourself. ❤

XOXO

Thivy Michelle

24 Comments

• Reply Zoya June 7, 2017 at 8:03 pm

Very useful…thanku for a great article

• Reply Genie June 7, 2017 at 8:53 pm

wear something comfortable! yes i think this is the most important. if you’re not comfortable with what you’re wearing you’re going to feel awkward, which is so not the goal

• Reply Nikia H June 7, 2017 at 9:52 pm

Very good tips. I love finding clothes that allow me to express myself. It may be different from what’s in style but it’s me.

• Reply Jenn June 7, 2017 at 10:08 pm

I love comfy clothes. Anything that isn’t comfortable doesn’t go on my body.

• Reply Summer @ Coffee With Summer June 7, 2017 at 10:21 pm

So SPOT on, Thivy!! Love this outfit on you – you are glowing and so radiant! Those shoes are gorg!

• Reply Glenna June 8, 2017 at 1:25 am

Not only does that skirt look comfortable, it is adorable. These are great tips, thank you for sharing! I need this as a reminder in my own life!

• Reply Ophelia Tang June 8, 2017 at 1:44 am

These tips are great. I will definitely try them when I pick my next outfit. Love the outfit. Thanks for sharing.
    XOXO //SINCERELY OPHELIA | NYC Petite Fashion Blogger

• Reply ThivyMichelle June 8, 2017 at 9:01 am

Of course, thank you for stopping by my blog 🙂

• Reply Christine June 8, 2017 at 3:35 am

I loved these tips! Colour is a big thing for me. If I don’t have the right colour on, I know I don’t look my best and consequently, my mood is often affected.

• Reply Anh Thu Le June 8, 2017 at 2:06 pm

Girl you are such a boss! I loved this post and thanks for sharing 🙂 I completely agree that it’s important to feel confident in the clothes you are wearing because it’s an extension of who you are. It’s a great form of self expression and letting the world know who and what you’re all about! Love it!!

• Reply ThivyMichelle June 8, 2017 at 3:48 pm

Haha I try! That means so much coming from you, thank you so much for stopping by my blog <3

• Reply Helene June 9, 2017 at 8:34 am

Wearing something comfortable and stylish always makes me feel confident. I love that skirt, it’s perfect for summer!

xo, Helene

• Reply Sarah Althouse June 9, 2017 at 11:34 am

For me, I want my outfit to make me feel comfortable – as you said – and pretty. And I love that skirt!!

• Reply Christy Janes June 9, 2017 at 10:56 pm

Clothes, shoes, all of it – it has to be comfortable! Oh, and I have zero time to go to the cleaners, so it also better be machine washable. 😉

You look amazing, and your confidence just bounces off the screen. You are owning that skirt!

• Reply ThivyMichelle June 10, 2017 at 7:08 am

Oh true, I need to have clothes that I can wash on my own too. Thank you so much that’s a huge compliment!